I have tried out a lot of different cupcake recipes. But this one is definitely the best. It is fluffy, but also crunchy on top. You can also decorate it with two different buttercreams, vanilla or chocolate.
This recipe comes from Baking made easy by Lorraine Pascale.
Ingredients for about 12 cupcakes
- 200 g soft butter
- 200 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 200 g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
What you’ll do
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Put the butter and the caster sugar in a bowl and cream together until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla, and then the eggs, one at the time. Beat the mixture well after each egg.
- Add the flour, salt and baking powder and mix until just combined.
- Put the mixture into the cupcake shapes and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. They are done when they bounce back when you touch them and when you push in a skewer, it comes out clean.
And now the buttercream. You can make only the vanilla, or the chocolate. Or be crazy, and make both! But be careful, this recipe will give you a lot of buttercream.
- 300 g soft butter
- 750 g icing sugar
- vanilla extract or cacao
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well together. If you want to make vanilla buttercream, add the vanilla. If you want to make the chocolate, add the cacao. If the mixture stays stiff because the butter isn’t soft enough, just put it in the microwave. But be careful, if you put it in for too long, the butter will become too soft and it won’t work.
- Put it on the cupcakes.