If you think you have tasted the best cookies ever, I’ll prove you wrong. Nothing, yes nothing, is better than these chocolate chip cookies. I’ve baked these cookies three times this week, just because every time I made them, the next day they were gone. Not because they were stolen or something. They were just eaten by my friends and family. So if you want to bake something everything likes, bake these cookies!
This recipe comes from Baking made easy by Lorraine Pascale
What you need: for 24 small cookies, or 9 big cookies.
- 110 g soft butter
- 200 g soft light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla sugar/extract
- 165 g flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 30 g cocoa powder
- 200 g chocolate, doesn’t matter what flavour, you can also do half of one and half of another.
What you do:
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Put the butter and the sugar in a bowl and cream until combined. It doesn’t need to be light and fluffy, just crumbly.
- Stir in the egg and vanilla.
- Add the flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa powder and mix until the dough looks uniform. The dough will be very stiff. And here comes the hard part, not eating the dough.
- Chop the chocolate into little pieces and add it to the mixture.
- Form balls from the mixture with your hands. If you want big ones, make about nine. If you want them like in the pictures, make about 24.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes. They are ready when the top is cracked and they are very soft. Give them time to cool down, and you just made yourself some amazing cookies.