I really love oxford shoes. Unfortunately I didn’t find any oxfords I liked wich were affordable. So there was only one option left… I had to make them myself!
What you need:
- A pair of shoes
- Crayons or a pencil
- Textile paint
- A brush
I got these shoes for 9 euros and I thought they would work perfectly for this DIY.
So this is what you will do:
- Take your shoes and draw your design on it with a crayon or pencil. Make sure you draw on it with something you can easily remove later.
- Take a brush and start filling in the outlines. I used a flat brush which was about one centimeter wide for the big parts, and a small round brush for the dots and the wiggles. I did about 3-4 coats to make it totally opaque.
- Let them dry for about 12 hours or blow dry them until they don’t feel wet anymore.
- Remove the crayon or pencil with some water.
- And you’re ready to rock your new shoes!!!
I really like how these shoes turned out and I’ll definitely be wearing them a lot. I hope you try out this DIY and if you do I’d love to see how your shoes turned out!